Check it out
Writing I've Done for You
Writing I've done for clients is on my Portfolio page.
- At The Gold Mine, read my blog
- Avoid the Pitfalls of Do-It-Yourself Writing: Hire a Professional Writer
- Cornell Notes: How I use them for business (and grocery lists)
- Craft a better Email Signature
- The Pesky Apostrophe
- Copyright without worry
Web resources you can rely on. I do.
- I bookmarked Dr. Grammar's FAQ because I still get confused by lie and lay.
- Amusing but accurate cartoon to guide you in Correct Use of Apostrophes.
- The Phrontistery ain't pretty, but it's the most complete phrontistery you'll ever encounter. The glossaries alone are worth the visit.
- The Slang Site: Where to go if you have no teenagers to translate for you—or if you need to translate your teenagers.
I still love a good book!
- The Chicago Manual of Style, although focused on printed publications, is chock full of usefulness. And they're helpful online, too.
- I turn to Microsoft's Manual of Style for Technical Publications when it comes to technical writing.
- Marilyn Paul's It's Hard to Make a Difference When You Can't Find Your Car Keys is by far my favorite book on organization and productivity. Highest recommendation!